The Faculty of Health & Social Development’s internal Graduate Student Virtual Conference Award is intended to support student scholarly and professional activities. Given current travel restrictions due to the pandemic, applications will be considered from graduate students in Master’s (thesis-based or course-based) or Doctoral programs to cover registration fees to attend virtual conferences related to their field of study. In order to be eligible, students must present scholarly work (e.g., a presentation, poster, workshop) based on research or scholarly/project work conducted while a student at UBCO. CLICK HERE for more information on the FHSD Grad Student Virtual Conference Award
Applications can be submitted at any time. Decisions will be made within 3 weeks of receipt of the application.
- Students must be registered in a FHSD graduate program or an IGS graduate program with a primary supervisor/advisor in FHSD at the time of the application.
- The research/scholarly work for this presentation must have been done while a student at UBCO.
- Applicants may receive funding once as a Master’s student and up to 3 times as a PhD student (pending available funds). PhD students are eligible for a maximum of 1 award in any calendar year.
- Applicants must be in good standing as demonstrated in their most recent College of Graduate Studies annual report.
- Where two or more students co-author/co-lead a paper or presentation only one is eligible to apply for a FHSD virtual conference award.
Submit the FHSD Graduate Student Virtual Conference Award Application Form and supporting documents to email@example.com